Sirloin Steak with Chipotle
Cook Time: 10 minutes
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons turbinado sugar
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 4-ounce Laura’s Lean Beef sirloin steaks
2 tablespoons chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo
2 teaspoons honey
Juice of 1 lime
1 clove garlic
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped.
1. Mix spices together in small bowl. Rub into steak. Put steak into zip-close plastic bag
and let rest in refrigerator at least 2 hours or overnight.
2. Heat EGG up for direct cooking at 450°F / 232°C. Take steak out of refrigerator and
let rest for 30 minutes.
3. When EGG is hot, place steak on grid and cook until desired degree of doneness. Let
rest about 5 minutes.
4. While steak rests, combine chipotle peppers, honey, lime juice, garlic, vinegar, cumin
and coriander in blender and blend until smooth. Stir in cilantro.
5. Serve steaks immediately with chipotle sauce.
Makes 4 servings.
Cooking Tip: Make more of this rub than you need and store it at room temperature in
an airtight container. Reach for it for beef, fish and chicken as often as you want.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
CALORIES 180 (32% from fat); FAT 5g (sat 2g); PROTEIN 25g; CARB 8g; FIBER 2g;
CHOL 65mg; IRON 3.6mg; SODIUM 277mg.
© Copyright 2011 Laura’s Lean Beef. All rights reserved.