Recipe courtesy of Laura’s Lean Beef
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
1 pound Laura’s 96% Lean Ground Round or 96% Lean Ground Sirloin
1 cup mixed herbs (such as basil, parsley, thyme, rosemary), washed, dried, and finely chopped
6 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese at room temperature
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• Set up the EGG® for direct cooking at 350 F° / 177 C°. Lightly oil the grill rack.
• Divide ground beef into four even portions; divide each portion in half again
and pat out into large flat patties. You will have 8 patties.
• In bowl, mix fresh herbs with cream cheese. Divide the herb-cheese mixture
among four of the patties, spreading it almost to the edge of each patty. Top
each patty with second patty and seal the edges by pinching them closed.
• Gently place patties on hot grill. Grill about 4 minutes, then carefully turn
and grill another 3 to 4 minutes. Serve alone or on burger buns.
Makes 4 servings.
• Herb-filled Burger
• Whole Wheat Bun
• Mixed Salad with Fresh Corn Kernels and Balsamic Vinaigrette
• Grilled Zucchini Slices
• Frozen Yogurt and Fresh Berries
Nutritional information Per Serving (without bun)
CALORIES 162.5; FAT 4.5g (sat 2g); PROTEIN 26.0g; CARB 12.5g; FIBER 0g; CHOL 62mg;