Steak Caramelized Onions
From Kroger Culinary 411 (Atlanta) and Chef Mike Monahan
To watch video click here
Recipe serves 2
Ingredients – All products available at Kroger
• 1 Shoulder steak
• 2 Tablespoons olive oil, separated
• 1 Medium white onion, sliced
• 1 Cup Miller LITE beer
• 1 Tablespoon Plugra unsalted butter
• Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Pre-heat your grill to 450 degrees. In the meantime, heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add to tablespoons of the oil and swirl to coat well. Add the sliced onions. Sauté the onions until caramelized (about 4 minutes). Add beer and simmer until liquid is reduced by 75%. Add the butter and swirl until melted. Set aside and keep warm.
2. Rub all sides of the steak with one tablespoon of oil and season to taste with the salt and pepper. Place on hot grill and sear for three minutes per side. Lower the heat and continue to cook; turning often until done to your liking. Remove the steaks from the grill and let them rest for 5-8 minutes.
3. Place the steak on serving plates and spoon caramelized onions over the top.