submitted by Egret
Salmon fillets (with skin on), 4 to 5 ounces per serving
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp butter, melted
2 tbsp maple syrup
Your favorite commercial or homemade dry BBQ rub, to taste
- Combine soy sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, oil and garlic and stir to dissolve sugar. Pour into a zippered-top plastic bag and add salmon. Marinate in the refrigerator for 3 to 6 hours.
- After marinating, allow the salmon to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before grilling, then pat dry with a paper towel.
- Mix together the butter and maple syrup and brush over entire surface of the salmon. Sprinkle with a liberal amount of BBQ rub.
- Set the EGG® up for direct cooking at 350°F, place the salmon on a fish grid and cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Salmon is done when a knife inserted in the fillet slides in easily with no resistance and flesh is no longer opaque.
- Remove salmon; using a clean brush, brush on any remaining maple syrup/butter mixture and wrap in foil for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.